Beaumont has been successful with its proposal to annex 21 quarter sections of land. Annexation is the act of transferring land from one municipality into another municipality. This is not taking ownership of this land; it is just a change in jurisdiction.
We are pleased to learn that our carefully-planned and researched annexation proposal was deemed to be in the best interests of Beaumont and the region and we are happy with the outcome.
Our commitment to continue working with our neighboring communities in the region remains high and we look forward to a transition whereby residents’ interests are kept at the forefront.
For the residents of Beaumont, this announcement will ensure our community can diversify its tax base and continue to provide quality programs and services to residents moving forward.
- Was Beaumont given 100 years-worth of land by the province?
- Is Beaumont able to service their new lands?
- Can Beaumont support the needed transportation network for these new lands?
- I raised concerns about certain items respecting my land (located in the annexation area) during the MGB hearings. How is Beaumont going to address them?
- How much land did Beaumont purchase?
For any inquiries related to the transition of services, please contact
Cindy Burdinsky, Corporate Services Administrative Assistant.
Phone: 780-929-3012 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an in-depth land use inquiry, Kendra Raymond, Manager of Long Range Planning is our lead contact on land use related to annexation.
Phone: 780-929-3302 | Email: email@example.com