City of Beaumont Summer Camps are Running!
We are excited to announce, after careful consideration, we will be running a limited number of Summer Camps this year! For more information about what camps we are running or to register, please call Guest Services at 780-929-1221.
Beaumont Summer Camps – June 18, 2020
*Changes to guidelines may result in changes to safety supervision and program delivery requirements.
COVOID-19 INFORMATION – The safety of our camp participants (campers, coaches, and programmer) is always our first priority. We understand there are many questions and general concerns surrounding how camps will be run to ensure the safety of all involved. Together the City of Beaumont and Sportball are actively following guidelines and information provided by the government and Alberta Health Services. You can find the Alberta Health Services Day Camp Guidelines here.
We will continually assess situations as they arise within the parameters of supervision and safety. If campers are not complying with guidelines, a parent will be called to come pick the child up. If you do not comply or pass the pre-screening checklist your child will not be allowed to stay at camp.
Our day camps will be held at the Beaumont Community Centre, the main floor of the facility is reserved only for summer camps to lower risk of transmission to campers. Parents of registered campers will receive more information one week prior to camp starting.
We have implemented the following safety protocols to minimize the risk of infection:
- Parents will complete a daily pre-screening checklist and the child’s temperature will be recorded daily.
- Staff will routinely symptom check themselves and participants throughout the course of each day.
- Have implemented procedures for a rapid responses if anyone exhibits symptoms as well as an isolation plan.
- A confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 will be required to close for a minimum of 72 hours to allow contact tracing.
- Cohorts of 18 in full day camps and 15 in ½ day camp.
- Cohort groups will not mix, or be in the same room/space at the same time.
- Cohort groups will use designated equipment that will not be used by other groups unless full cleaning and sanitation occurs between uses.
- Each cohort will use their own separate entrance and washrooms.
- Physical distancing: 2 metres between attendees as much as possible
- Equipment sharing will be eliminated whenever possible.
- Activities will be moved outdoors when possible.
Routine Cleaning and Disinfection
- Ensuring staff and campers are maintaining high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in each cohort room and must be utilized upon entry by staff, participants, and parents.
- Consistent hand washing protocols are in place and enforced
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of high touch areas, common areas, washrooms.
Community Programs offers a wide variety of programs for all ages and abilities. You and your family can enjoy programs including:
- Leaders in Training
- Performing Arts
- Spring Break Camps
- Summer Camps
- Visual Arts
The guides are delivered to each household and available at the Beaumont Administration Office, the Beaumont Community Centre, and the Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre. It is also available online, HERE.
There are currently 2 ways to register for our programs:
- Online with Click-It (Please be sure to set up your account before seasonal registration opens).
- Over the phone with Guest Services at the Beaumont Community Centre, at 780-929-1221.
Cancellation, Withdrawal & Transfer Policies
Registration deadlines vary with each program. Programs with insufficient enrollment may be cancelled 1 week prior to start date. Community Programs reserves the right to cancel or change a program as necessary. Refunds will only be issued in case of cancellation.
To compensate for any cancelled classes during the course, the program may be extended. If this is not possible, a partial rebate will be available to those enrolled. All refunds, except if a class is full or cancelled, are subject to the current administration fee.
In case of credit card refund request, the information of the same credit card which was used to make the original purchase must be provided.
- 1. City Cancelled Programs: 100% refund or pro-rated refund.
- 2. Withdrawal: If withdrawing more than 7 days before the course start date, the refund will be issued less the current administrative fee. If withdrawing within 7 days to the course start date, refunds will be granted only when medical circumstances arise.
- 3. Medical Withdrawal: Refund requests due to medical reasons must be accompanied by a Doctor's Certificate. The amount of the refund will be prorated for the remaining classes on the date indicated in the medical slip. The current administrative fee will be applied to all refunds, full fee or pro-rated.
Feedback on existing programs or suggestions for future programs are always welcome and appreciated. Please use our Winter 2020 Community Programs Survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CPW20
Community Volunteer Organizations (CVO's)
Beaumont offers support to our local non-profit organizations. Registering your group as a CVO gives your group access to resources, events, and advice. Come by and talk to our department staff, or email us.
View the list of community volunteer organizations (CVO) (PDF).