Community Grant Funding Program
DEADLINE October 1, 2022, 10:00 a.m.
The City of Beaumont Council has adopted the Community Grant Program Policy (Policy No. C15.1). Community Grant Program funding opportunities are available to community organizations to fund:
- One-time projects and initiatives of community organizations that enhance community safety
- Operating (core) expenses of organizations in their development stage
- Events that are primarily designated and delivered to the general population that attract visitors, significantly contribute to the local economy, promote volunteerism and value-added to Beaumont.
Who can apply:
- Community non-for-profit groups registered under the Societies Act, Libraries Act or Agriculture Societies Act
- Community First Nation and Métis organizations and associations
- Foundations under Alberta’s Regional Health Authorities Act
- Universities, colleges and institutes under Alberta’s Post-Secondary Learning Act
- Informal and non-registered groups working through and sponsored by a registered not-for-profit group
- Request between $1000 (minimum) up to $10,000 (maximum)
- Funding is approved on a matched-grant basis
- Funding is available for capital projects, programs, initiatives, events and operating (core) costs
- Funded projects MUST provide programs or services which benefit the residents of Beaumont and must be linked to measurable targets and outcomes
- See the Guidelines for complete details on eligibility and limitations
- Funding may be approved in part or in full
- Two intakes per year (April 1 and October 1)
Next Application Deadline: October 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m.
The application and guidelines are currently being reviewed and will be available soon. All applicants are welcome to contact the Program Administrator to answer your questions and provide guidance. Email the Administrator or call 780-328-9926.
GRANT WRITING WORKSHOP
Watch the recording of the virtual Grant Writing Workshop from March to gain a better understanding of the Community Grant Program and what contributes to a strong application. See the recording of the workshop below. Click here to see the slide deck from the workshop.