Why Work for the City of Beaumont?
You can take great pride in our forward-thinking organization, with a positive work culture. You'll be surrounded by a dedicated group of talented diverse people. Working for the City Beaumont means working for a inclusive and supportive workplace that values a healthy work-life balance.
Our staff genuinely care about our community and its residents, making a difference. It’s what we do!
The City of Beaumont offers a number of benefits to permanent full-time employees.
- The City of Beaumont conducts formal compensation reviews regularly. We want to ensure that our staff are fairly compensated for their hard work and commitment to the community.
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential counselling and referral services
- Group life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and long-term disability programs to ensure your income is not affected by serious illness or injury - (mandatory Employee paid premium)
Vacation time starts at 3 weeks and moves to 4 weeks in the fourth year of service. With an optional vacation purchase program.
The optional EDO program extends the daily workday allowing employees to take that earned time off. Allowing extra flexibility in their work schedule.
Fun events organized by our dynamic Social Committee. Events include summer BBQs, pancake breakfasts, potlucks, after work socials, yearly Christmas party, and more!
- FREE membership to our Beaumont Sports & Recreation Centre
- Employee engagement programs include Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Surveys, a meet-and-greet with our CAO within the first month of employment, Long Service Recognition, and Computer purchase program
- Paid Sick Leave with the flexibility to use to attending to illness in the immediate family
- Wellness Bonus, a bonus paid out for unused sick days after three years of service
- 13 paid statutory holidays
- FREE parking at all our municipal buildings
- FREE coffee and tea for all employees
- Give back to the community with a Community Leave Day, a paid day to volunteer and support the various charities we support (Beaumont Nisku Christmas Elves, Leduc & District Food Bank, Chantal Bérubé Memorial Fund, etc.).
Our organization puts an emphasis on continual growth, education, and lifelong learning. We encourage our staff to further their careers, advance and move-up in the organization. Through our bi-annual Performance Evaluation process employees work with their supervisors to create a learning plan to improve and build on their skills. Beaumont supports a variety of training and professional development opportunities for employees including:
Computer Training, Respectful Workplace Training, Safety Training, etc.
Other Development Opportunities
- Paid memberships to professional associations
- External courses and programs
- Lunch and learns