Why Work for the City of Beaumont?
You can take great pride in our forward-thinking organization with a positive work culture. You'll be surrounded by a dedicated group of talented diverse people. Working for the City of Beaumont means working for an inclusive and supportive workplace that values a healthy work-life balance.
Our staff genuinely cares about our community and its residents, making a difference. It’s what we do!
The City of Beaumont offers a number of benefits to permanent full-time employees.
- The City of Beaumont conducts formal compensation reviews regularly. We want to ensure that our staff are fairly compensated for their hard work and commitment to the community.
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential counselling and referral services
- Group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability programs to ensure your income is not affected by serious illness or injury (mandatory employee-paid premium)
Vacation time starts at three weeks and moves to four weeks in the fourth year of service, with an optional vacation purchase program.
The optional EDO program extends the daily workday, allowing employees to take that earned time off. The EDO program also allows extra flexibility in a work schedule.
Fun events organized by our dynamic Social Committee. Events include summer BBQs, pancake breakfasts, potlucks, and more!
- Free membership to our Beaumont Sports & Recreation Centre!
- A meet-and-greet with our CAO
- Long service recognition.
- Paid sick leave with the flexibility to use it for attending to illness in the immediate family.
- 14 paid statutory holidays
- Free parking at all our municipal buildings
- Free coffee and tea for all employees
- Hybrid Work Program for eligible positions
- Additional personal days
Our organization puts an emphasis on continual growth, education, and lifelong learning. We encourage our staff to further their careers, advance and move up in the organization. Through our bi-annual performance evaluation process, employees work with their supervisors to create a learning plan to improve and build on their skills. Beaumont supports a variety of training and professional development opportunities for employees, including:
Computer training, respectful workplace training, safety training, etc.
Other Development Opportunities
- Paid memberships to professional associations
- External courses and programs
- Lunch and learns