ResponsibilitiesThe Financial Services Division is involved in almost every aspect of municipal activities. Consequently, Financial Services is not only a busy division, but a complex one. Strategic planning plays a key role, as does customer service.
Providing Financial ExpertiseThe Division provides financial expertise, information, guidance and advice on day-to-day operational matters to internal customers (Council, Department managers and staff) and external customers (taxpayers, the provincial and federal governments, etc.). The division also develops financial policies and procedures that assist Council and guide staff in shaping the direction of the municipality.
Providing Full Disclosure About Financial Affairs
- Annual Financial Statements
- Operations and capital budgets
- Long-term financial plans
- Setting of annual property tax and water, sewer and solid waste rates (hyper link)
- Public bodies reports
- Annual municipal reporting forms