RECRUITMENT NOW OPENFire up your passion for community service and join us in making an impact! Volunteer firefighter recruitment applications are open until September 15 at 11:59 p.m. Apply in two convenient ways:
👉 Download your online application form found below!
👉 Or, pop by the Beaumont Fire Hall any time from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, to grab your application in person.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to apply:
- At least 18 years of age on the date of application
- Must reside within the Municipal boundaries of Beaumont
- Eligible for employment in Canada – You must be a Canadian citizen, a holder of a Permanent Resident Card, a Landed Immigrant or otherwise legally entitled to work in Canada ( i.e., holder of a work visa)
- A High School Diploma or equivalency – equivalencies can include a High School Equivalency Diploma (i.e. GED), a two-year diploma, or an undergraduate/applied degree or journeyman certificate.
- Eligible to obtain a Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check with no dispositions
- A valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license. Probationary or Graduated Driver’s licenses are not accepted
- Eligible to obtain current drivers abstract with no more than seven (7) demerits for the past five (5) years.
Desirable Training and Experience
- NFPA 1001 certification or completion of other fire service-related courses
- First Aid and CPR Level C with AED
- Medical First Responder, EMR, PCP or higher medical training
- Previous firefighting experience either as a career paid on-call or volunteer
Volunteer Firefighter Application
Here's what you need to know before applying:
- Please ensure you have read the BEFORE applying.
- Volunteer firefighter applications are accepted until September 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Any late applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed will be contacted. Please do not contact Beaumont Fire Services with questions relating to your application status.