The Board currently consists of 6 members, consisting of at least one youth.
The Board advises City Council on the planning of a broad range of Recreation, Parks and Culture programs and services within the City of Beaumont, including:
- Driving the Recreation, Parks and Facilities Master Plan (Our Places and Play) forward;
- Advising on annual fees and charges and the forthcoming fees and charges bylaw;
- Major matters affecting recreation, parks and facilities programs and services;
- Advising on recreation, parks and cultural priorities and operational issues / changes;
- Advising on facility and parks development; and
- Generating ideas for the service areas.