Beaumont's Waste Program
Styrofoam Now Accepted at Leduc's Eco Station
As part of a one-year pilot project, the Eco Station in Leduc will now accept white block Styrofoam for recycling.
This service enhancement will allow residents to drop off limited quantities of Styrofoam at the Eco Station for free during regular hours of operation. A mobile processing unit that uses new technology will collect the Styrofoam from the Eco Station one or two times per month. For full details, check out Leduc's page HERE.
Stay Informed With Our Smart, Savvy, Green App
Did you know that the City of Beaumont has put together an app to help make your curbside collection more accessible/easy? It's got everything you need. Have your collection schedule on hand, get notified of updates on services, learn new tips and tricks, and find anything else you might want to know. Download it today!
What Our Waste Program Is About
The City of Beaumont focuses on our waste program being Smart, Savvy, and Green. We work hard to ensure that we do our part for the environment and our community. That is why Beaumont Waste Services encompasses a curbside collection program that includes waste carts, organics carts, and recycling.
How Can You Help?
- Reduce your shopping waste by avoiding prepackaged fruits and vegetables, as well as single-wrapped or single-use products.
- Evaluate what you do waste and create your own personalized waste-reduction plan.
- Avoid buying or consuming products that have excess packaging.
- Start a game with your family to see who can waste the least for a chance to win a fun family prize.
What Can I Put In My Organics Cart?
Think it's just grass clippings? Think again - you can put all sorts of natural materials in your green cart.
|Food Scraps||Pasta and Rice||Bones, Meats, and Fish||Plant Material (no soil)|
|Eggs/Egg Shells||Paper Towels||Corn Stalks||Twigs, Leaves, Yard Waste|
|Facial Tissues||Jack O-Lanterns||Greasy Pizza Boxes||Pet Waste|
|Flour, Grains, and Dough||Baked Goods||Soiled Paper||Tea Bags|
|Cooled and Solidified Grease||Fruit/Vegetable (inc. Peels)||Coffee Filters|
Did you know that your organics, waste, and recycling can also be dropped off at the Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Facility? Completely free of charge! However, there is a limit of 1,000KG per household each year.
Did you know that we have a Bylaw outlining certain regulations around waste/collection? This includes organic materials. This Bylaw is in place to help keep us moving forward towards a smart, savvy, and green future. The Bylaw covers a wide range of regulations:
- This Bylaw may be cited as "The Waste Management Bylaw"
- Full information on Collection and Recycling Services can be viewed
- Full information on fees associated with not following the regulations can be viewed
- Full information on Preparation of Materials for Collection can be viewed
- Full information on Restrictions on Collection Services can be viewed
- Full information on Collection, Storage Locations, and Scheduling can be viewed
- Full information on Parking Restrictions Near Waste Roll Carts can be viewed
- Full information on Waste Disposal Sites, Waste Transfer Stations & Recycling Station can be viewed
The full Bylaw #762-10 can be viewed HERE.
A full list of current frequently asked questions can be found HERE. FAQs are updated as they become available so make sure you stay up-to-date by checking that page out anytime you have a question. If you have a concern or a question to ask, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or call 780-929-4306.
2021 Yard Waste Drop Off
Did you know that we have yard waste collection bins for residents at the Operations facility (24130 Township Road 510) available for specific days every week during the heaviest spring and fall yard clean up time?
Every year Operations provides large bins for residents to drop off additional yard waste. This year, our schedule has changed compared to previous years due to operational changes and facility availability due to COVID-19 regulations. You will be able to bring your yard waste during the following schedule:
- April 12 - June 18 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm, Monday through Friday
- No Stat or Weekend Availability
- August 30 - October 29 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm, Monday through Friday
- No Stat or Weekend Availability
Information on our waste facilities and locations can be found HERE.
- Grass Clippings
- Weeds and Plants
If you need clarification about an item you believe would be classified as yard waste but are not 100% certain, please contact our Operations team at 780-929-4306.
Leduc Yard Waste Transfer Station
If you are not able to make it to our facility during the designated times, as a resident of Beaumont you are able to dispose of extra waste at the Leduc & District Waste Management Facility free of charge. Residents are permitted to dispose of an extra 1 tonne (1000 kgs) of household waste per year at the facility. You can also bring yard waste to the Yard Waste Transfer Station in Leduc.
Brown Bag Yard Waste Collection is back for Spring. Our full collection schedule can be found HERE! Please take note of the zones/timeline for each zone. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our team directly at 780-929-4300 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.. We also have a full list of Resources and FAQs on this page.
Our waste contractor will only pick up a maximum of five (5) bags of yard waste contained in compostable brown bags per household. There is a Yard Waste & Landfill access schedule available if you are not able to make the pickup schedule. Full details can be found by clicking on the Yard Waste & Landfill Access tab on this page.