Action For Happiness
Join us as we make 2022 as positive as possible! Action for Happiness is a movement that empowers people to have the support and resources to create a happier and more positive society. Beaumont's Action for Happiness is about mental health, stability and compassion towards yourself and others. As we grow this initiative, we will be putting together resources, webinars, activities, and projects that focus on bringing our community closer together.
New Ways November - Keep learning new things
Being open to new experiences and learning fuels our well-being and boosts our confidence and creativity. Learning is for life – in fact, evidence shows that continuing to learn, even later in life, can improve how you feel and function. There is always something new to try and learn!
- Get involved in an activity that really absorbs and interests you.
- Keep your brain active.
- Smile as you make a mess and decide to start again.
- Be playful and try new things
- It's OK not to get it right the first time - change your language from "I can't do it", to "I can't do it...yet!"
This month's calendar is full of ideas to help you decide what to try next.
November Action Calendar: English Copy: PDF
Ethan Kross - November 14, 2022, @ Noon
Do you want to befriend your inner voice?
Some of the most important conversations you have each day will be the inner ones with yourself. At this special event, psychologist Ethan Kross will explore how we can stop overthinking and get our inner voice working in our favour. Instead of trying to silence your chatter, you can educate it, motivate it and reason with it.
Siobhan Freegard – November 30, 2022, @ Noon
Happiness for Families
Siobhan Freegard is the UK’s top expert on families in the digital space. Back in 2000 she founded the UK’s first online network for parents, Netmums, before setting up ChannelMum.com - Europe’s first family influencer community. The leading mental health campaigner has won praise for speaking about her personal battle with postnatal depression and was awarded OBE for services to families.
Josie's Guide to Mindful March 2021
Josie, from the Action for Happiness team, takes us on a short journey through the 2021 Mindful March calendar, sharing hints, tips and musings about some of the actions for this month. A must-listen for anyone with an interest in positive psychology or mindfulness.
Podcast Link: Click HERE
Josie's Guide to Joyful June 2021
Josie, from the Action for Happiness team, takes us on a short journey through the 2021 Joyful June calendar, sharing hints, tips and musings about some of the actions for this month. A must-listen for anyone with an interest in training your brain to find joy wherever possible!
- 10 Keys to Happier Living (guidebook)
- 340 Ways to Use Character Strengths (Download) - Practical ways of using character strengths based on research by Tayyab Rashid
- A Primer in Positive Psychology (Book) A comprehensive overview of the field of positive psychology.
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being - Free online course " The Science of Well Being"
- Dr. Laurie Santos is hosting a podcast at Listen to The Happiness Lab. January discussion is “Are you ready to be kinder to yourself” she will talk about how science shows the secret to fulfilling your new year’s resolutions is to simply be... nice to yourself. Strict diets, brutal exercise and going cold turkey on your bad habits doesn’t work.
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything (Book) - by BJ Fogg
- Positive Intelligence (Book) - Shirzad Chamine
- This Too Shall Pass - Julie Samuel