Action For Happiness
Action for Happiness is a movement that empowers people to have the support and resources to create a happier and more positive society. Beaumont's Action for Happiness is about mental health, stability and compassion towards yourself and each other. As we grow this initiative, we will be putting together resources, webinars, activities, and projects that focus on bringing our community closer together.
January is Pledge Month
Join us as we make 2021 as positive as possible. All month long we will be supporting our community, Council, and employees to take a pledge focusing on making this year (and each one after that) better than the last. Get your family, friends, and coworkers involved to help spread life and hope into our every day lives.
Mindfulness Made Easy with Shamash Alidin
Live Webinar Thursday January 28, 2021 - REGISTER
Beyond Frazzled with Ruby Wax
Ruby Wax is one of Britain’s best-loved comedians, writers, and mental health campaigners and has spent three decades working on stage, television and radio. She has spoken openly about her own battles with depression and is an ambassador for the Time to Change campaign. This conversation with Dr Mark Williamson was filmed at an Action for Happiness online event on January 13, 2021.
Reducing Stress With Jon Kabat-Zinn
Jon Kabat-Zinn is an American professor emeritus of medicine and the creator of the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Practical Resilience In A Difficult Time
Dr Chris Johnstone shares practical resilience skills to help you cope better when facing challenges. This conversation with Dr Mark Williamson was filmed at an Action for Happiness event on 12 Nov 2020.
- 10 Keys to Happier Living (guidebook)
- 340 Ways to Use Character Strengths (Download) - Practical ways of using character strengths based on research by Tayyab Rashid
- A Primer in Positive Psychology (Book) A comprehensive overview of the field of positive psychology.
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being - Free online course " The Science of Well Being"
- Dr. Laurie Santos is hosting a podcast at Listen to The Happiness Lab. January discussion is “Are you ready to be kinder to yourself” she will talk about how science shows the secret to fulfilling your new year’s resolutions is to simply be... nice to yourself. Strict diets, brutal exercise and going cold turkey on your bad habits doesn’t work.