July 1 to September 4, 2023
Check out the schedule for information on drop-in activities and sports at the Beaumont Sports & Recreation Centre (BSRC) Arena, Field House and Gymnasium!
Participants must have a proof of payment wristband visible at all times.
Public drop-in sport and activity time-slots vary throughout the day and can be subject to change, especially when holiday hours are in effect.
Any open times outside of programmed timeslots are available for booking rentals or spontaneous use (no equipment set-ups).
All drop-in participants are expected to follow facility and program rules.
Free Drop-in at The Arch Beaumont
Starting May 3, 2023, The Arch Beaumont is offering free drop-in with BSRC admission (drop-in pass, visit pass, and any membership) during the following times:
- Wednesdays from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Sundays from 1 - 4 p.m.
Prior to climbing, participants are required to sign the online waver.
- Harnesses are provided.
- A safety orientation will be taught at drop-in - no need to have prior knowledge.
- Clean indoor shoes are required. Rental shoes are available at $4 per pair.
- Pre-booking is unavailable at this time. Participants will be served in the order in which they arrive.
Questions? Visit this FAQ page or call The Arch Beaumont at 780.737.1418.
- Adult (18+ only) co-ed basketball & volleyball
- Indoor soccer/futsal
- Teen basketball
- Adult (18+ only) co-ed soccer
- Baseball, football and frisbee throw & catch
- Lawn bowling
- Pre-school soccer (Move & Play)
- Public skating
- Adult/Child Stick & Puck
- Senior Stick & Puck
Note: Kids 7 years of age and younger must be supervised by a parent or guardian 14 years of age and older. Those responsible for supervising children must be able to see and access the child.
Stick & Puck activity rules
Stick & Puck is intended for skill development and the timeslot is reserved for children/adults to work on their basic hockey skills in a safe and respectful environment.
Formal groups or hockey teams should book the ice as formal team coaching is not allowed during Stick & Puck.
You will be asked to leave the ice surface if these rules aren't followed:
- Adult/Child Stick & Puck is for all adults and children, supervision follows the general rules of the facility.
- There are NO organized games/shinny during this time.
Slap-shots, rough play and pick-up games are not allowed.
Feel free to bring your own equipment for drop-in sports and activities. Equipment is provided for scheduled activities. Please clean equipment after use with the wipes provided and put into the “Used Equipment” cart (for cleaning).
Ice arena equipment requirements
- CSA-approved helmets are mandatory for those 17 years of age and younger and strongly recommended for all ice users.
- You can only go on the ice in skates (no other footwear allowed).
- Sticks and pucks are not permitted during Public Skate time.
- Wheelchair use is allowed, if clean and can be fully controlled while on the ice.
- Skate aid equipment is available.
- Outside skating aids must be approved by facility staff as safe to use. Skating aids must not have sharp edges or points that could damage the ice.
- Strollers and sleds are not allowed on the ice due to potential safety risks and damage to the ice.
Stick & Puck programs:
Participants 17 years and under must wear full hockey equipment:
- CSA certified hockey helmet (full face mask)
- Neck guard
- Hockey pants
- Support cup
- Shin/elbow/shoulder pads
- Regulation hockey stick
Adults are required to wear a CSA certified helmet, gloves, and skates, along with a regulation hockey stick.