Business Licence Details and Resources
By Phone - Payments can be made with Visa or Mastercard at 780-267-3481.
In Person - In-person payments by cash, cheque, or debit card are accepted at City Hall for 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
After hours - After-hours payments may be made by dropping off a cheque in an envelope with your Business Licence Number in the mail slot at the entrance of City Hall, located at 5600 49 Street.
Business Licence Renewals
Licences are valid from date of issuance of a given year until December 31 of the same calendar year. Business Licence renewal invoices are mailed in early December of each year. Payments in full must be received no later than January 31 to avoid cancellation.
Business Licence Updates and Amendments
Please call 780-267-3481 to advise the City of Beaumont with any changes required to your Business Licence information.
What Are the Basic Purposes of Business Licensing?
- To provide a fair environment for all businesses operating in the City of Beaumont
- It is a registration system where a community can track its economic development and businesses can use the registry as a resource for business planning
- It supports a Business Directory on the City of Beaumont to promote businesses providing services in Beaumont and promotes our shop local campaign
- Allows the City to have a means in which to work with the province and other regulatory agencies when there are organizations that work closely with the Provincial Government to track and regulate fly by night operators that pose a risk to residents
- When combined with the development approval process a licenced business ensures that building codes have been adhered to and zoning and other restrictions are in compliance
Documents & Applications
Who Needs A Business Licence?
Any person, group, organization or company that will operate:
- a commercial, merchandising, institutional or industrial activity or undertaking,
- a profession, trade, occupation, calling or employment, or
- an activity providing goods or services, and whether or not for profit and however organized or formed, including a co-operative or association of Persons.
A charitable or non-profit organization conducting business or fundraising shall be exempt from licensing requirements.
Click here to find out if your business is exempt from paying the Business Licence fee. This list is not meant to be exhaustive. Please note, it is the responsibility of the Business/ Business Owner to determine exemption eligibility and to provide proof of exemption.
The City of Beaumont is moving towards a seamless Business Licence Program that is designed to simplify the application process and making payment. Stay tuned for more news as we near the launch date in 2023.
Please call 780-267-3481 or email email@example.com and have your questions answered. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. We are closed from 12:00pm - 1:00pm