This season, enjoy indoor public skating at both the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre and Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre.
Starting September 18, free community-sponsored public skating is back at the Ken Nichol! On Sundays, bring the whole family down and enjoy some quality time on the ice. View the full schedule and sponsor information below.
Free community-sponsored public skating returns from September 18, 2022 to March 19, 2023 at Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre (Arena 2). On Sundays from 12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., bring the whole family down and enjoy some quality time on the ice.
Please note - there will be no public skating on the following dates:
- October 23
- December 25
- January 1
- January 15
Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre - Public Skate Schedule
September 1 - December 23, 2022
Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre - Free Skate Schedule
September 18, 2022 - March 19, 2023
- A proof of payment wristband is required to enter the Arena and can be purchased/obtained at the Guest Services desk (BSRC only).
- Food or beverages other than water bottles are not allowed on the ice at any time. Glass containers are not allowed in the change rooms or other arena areas.
- No spitting.
- Turn off cell phones, PDAs, cameras, and other recording devices when using change rooms or washrooms. Taking pictures or video within the locker rooms, change rooms, and washroom is prohibited and is against the law (Section 162 of the Canadian Criminal Code).
- Do not leave sports bags or equipment unattended. We recommend that you do not bring valuables into the facility.
- Children 7 years or younger must be actively supervised by a responsible person aged 14 years or older.
- All clothing must be:
- Clean and free of odors that may impact the experience of other users.
- Free of inappropriate/offensive graphics or language.
- Appropriate to the fitness/recreation environment being used, and not be overly revealing
- Clean and non-marketing activity-appropriate shoes which fully enclose the foot are required. Bare feet, open toed shoes, sport sandals, and socks are not permitted.
- If your groups is using a change room, please lock the door when you leave for the ice surface and keep the key with you at all times.
- Torches, heat guns, and portable skate sharpeners are not allowed in the facility.
- Do not open gates or come out onto the ice until the Zamboni is off the ice and the arena operator is finished. Please wait for the arena operator to give you permission before going out onto the ice.
- Do not climb onto rink boards, glass, or spectator safety netting.
- Damaged ice can be dangerous to skaters. Vary your skate routines to prevent damaging the ice surface with ruts or gouges. Chips or hole should be patched immediately.
- Any kind of debris left on the ice can be dangerous to skaters. Please keep garbage off the ice, and pick up all pieces of broken hockey or ringette sticks.
- Report any vandalism, faulty equipment, or problems with ice surface to facility staff.
- Possession and/or consumption of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited in all change rooms and sport surfaces.