Water Meter Permits
- Installation Requirement
- Standards & Guidelines
- Permit Process Updates
- Permit Application
- Booking Appointment
are important instruments used by Beaumont to track water consumption and charge an accurate rate of water usage. In order to do so effectively, these are the requirements expected by Beaumont for every water meter installation within the City’s jurisdiction.
Water Meter Installation
Water meter installation is recommended during the construction phase and must be completed prior to occupancy of the building.
- Reminder: Any water consumption recorded on the water meter before the possession date will not be charged to the builder. It is considered construction water. The construction water charge the builder pays at the time of the building permit application covers this usage.
Water Meter Request Permit
A Water Meter Request Permit must be submitted prior to occupancy:
- Thirty (30) days for Commercial, Industrial, and Multi-family installs
- Fifteen (15) days for Single Family Residential, Condominiums, and Row/Townhouses
A Water Meter Request Permit must be completed and submitted to Beaumont Operations via email to WaterandWastewater@beaumont.ab.ca for approval prior to booking any appointment.
IMPORTANT: Water Meter(s) must be installed prior to requesting an Occupancy Inspection.
Water Meter Installation Requirements
A building is ready for a new water meter installation when:
- The service line has passed all necessary tests and procedures according to Beaumont new water line commissioning guidelines, for commercial, industrial and/or multi-family installs.
- The service line has been flushed and free of any sediment or rocks.
- The building is heated to prevent freezing of water lines and the water meter.
- Backflow preventer and fire protection system must be installed for commercial, industrial and multi-family installs.
- Water is turned on to the meter setting so the water meter can be tested for leaks after installation.
- The water meter setting meets Beaumont Water Meter Setting Standards and Guidelines.
Water Meter Setting Standards and Guidelines
Click on the below Schematic Number and download the applicable PDFs.
|Schematic Number||Schematic Name||Date Issued|
|Single Water Meter Setting, No Fire Protection and No Backflow Preventer Schematic||March 2019|
|Single Water Meter Setting with Backflow Preventer and no Fire Protection Schematic||March 2019|
|Single Water Meter Setting with Fire Protection, Backflow Preventers and No Bypass Schematic||March 2019|
|Water Meter Settings with a Single Domestic Service and Irrigation/Rink Service with Backflow Preventers Schematic||March 2019|
|Water Meter Bank Settings with Fire Protection and Backflow Preventers Schematic||March 2019|
|Water Meter Settings with a Horizontal Bypass, Fire Protection and Backflow Preventers Schematic||March 2019|
|Water Meter Settings with a Vertical Bypass, Fire Protection and Backflow Preventers Schematic||March 2019|
Beaumont Operations Water Meter Permit Process Updated as of July 14, 2021
Highlights of Requirements:
Water Meter cover photo courtesy of Royer Homes and Neptune Technology Group of Canada
for Beaumont Water Meter Request Permit Brochure
Water Meter Request Permits
A Water Meter Request Permit must be completed and submitted to Beaumont Operations via email tofor approval prior to booking any appointment. Please see below for both residential and commercial permit forms:
Filling Out a Water Meter Request Permit
The forms are fillable PDF documents and there are two ways you can complete your form:
- Save or download the form, proceed to fill it out digitally, then save and email the completed form or,
- Open the form in a specific computer or mobile-friendly application (such as Adobe Acrobat or Xodo), proceed with completing it, then save and email the completed form.
IMPORTANT: If the fields cannot be clicked on and edited, you are not viewing the form in the correct format. Beaumont requires it to be filled out in the correct format so we can continue to fill out the form. Do not fill out the form using a pen/pencil and submit it as a photo. Only typewritten electronic PDFs will be accepted.
Booking a Water Meter Installation
- For commercial, industrial, and multi-family installs: The Water Meter Request Permit must be completed and submitted to Beaumont Water and Wastewater, Public Works no later than thirty (30) business days prior to occupancy date; to allow for water meter delivery from supplier. Reminder: A water meter must be installed before occupancy will be granted.
- For single-family residential, condominiums, and row/townhouse installs: The Water Meter Request Permit must be completed and submitted to Beaumont Operator, Operations no later than fifteen (15) business days before the expected occupancy date. A water meter must be installed before occupancy will be granted.
- Water Operators are available for water meter installations between 9:00am-3:30pm Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Please call 780-929-4306 to book a water meter installation.
- If a plumber has installed the water meter 1 1/2" (40mm) or larger, an appointment needs to be set up with Beaumont Operations so the water meter and bypass can be secured and tested.
- Beaumont Operator, Operations will need access to the building. If the building is locked please provide a builder’s key, lockbox code, and garage code or have an adult available to meet the Beaumont Operator at the site of the installation.
- If any of the Beaumont requirements are not met, the Beaumont Operator will refuse to install the water meter. If this occurs the builder will need to make another appointment and expect a charge for each subsequent visit by a Beaumont Operator.
- For current fees and charges refer to our Operations Fees and Charges page.