The construction at École J.E. Lapointe School means classes resume for all EJELS students Monday, September 10th.
Weather and unforeseen events have kept contractors on site this week to finish up some of the final tasks, so we want to provide school staff a few extra days to prepare for students.
Come September 10th, we are confident you will notice the progress that has been made. A few highlights:
- Four new permanent classrooms are complete
- Six new modulars are on site and are complete
- 600 new lockers have been installed
- Solar panels have been installed on the building’s roof
- Hardwood flooring is being laid in the new gymnasium and then bleachers can be installed
- New sidewalks have been laid
We look forward to the progress we will be seeing in the coming months. As internal classrooms are added to the system, the old modulars will be phased out. The new gym is anticipated to be complete in October. The road in front of the school is scheduled to be paved by the Town of Beaumont in mid-September and the parking lot is scheduled to be complete in mid-October. Until then, we ask parents to use the south portion of the Ken Nichol Rec Centre parking lot for pick ups and drop offs. Please be cognizant of the increased traffic in the area, as that is also where school buses will pick up and drop off students for the time being.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Black Gold Regional Divion No. 18's Communications Coordinator, at 780.955.4570.