For the week of October 18 through October 24, 2021, the Beaumont RCMP responded to 65 calls for service. Some of the calls for service included Identity Fraud, Mental Health Act, Mischief, Impaired Operation, Traffic Violations, Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, Suspicious Persons/ Vehicle, Theft of Truck, Theft under $5,000, Traffic Collisions and Uttering Threats.
The Beaumont RCMP conducted 17 traffic stops, resulting in three charges under the Traffic Safety Act.
Beaumont RCMP and Beaumont Community Peace officers wish you a safe and fun Halloween. Below are some tips to keep when you are out trick or treating.
Safety tips for children:
- Wear brightly-coloured costumes.
- Wear makeup, rather than a mask.
- Use a flashlight.
- Walk on sidewalks.
- Never go into anyone’s house or vehicle.
- Travel in a group or with a guardian.
- Have an adult check your candy.
Safety tips for homeowners:
- Keep porch doors clear and well lit.
- Only pass out commercially-wrapped candy and snacks.
- Keep your pets inside, as they maybe scared by children in costumes.
Beaumont residents are encouraged to view the RCMP Crime Mapping tool and can access the map through the City of Beaumont’s website at https://www.beaumont.ab.ca/532/Beaumont-RCMP-Crime-Map.
The Beaumont RCMP encourages the public to report all criminal and suspicious activity. In case of an emergency, call 911, for non-urgent reports call the Beaumont RCMP Detachment complaint line 780-929-7400. Your report helps us know where to look, who to look for and where to patrol in the future.