The Council of the Town of Beaumont is holding a Public Hearing on an amendment to the Municipal Development Plan (Bylaw 894-17). The Public Hearing will be held Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., in the Council Chambers of the Town of Beaumont Administration Office located at 5600 - 49 Street, Beaumont AB. The Municipal Development Plan is a statutory document that provides policy direction for the long term growth and development of Beaumont. If you would like to view the entire Bylaw please visit http://www.beaumont.ab.ca/civicalerts.
This amendment has been prepared in response to the delay in receiving approval for the new Municipal Development Plan (MDP), Our Complete Community.
The purpose of Bylaw 894-17 is to:
- recognize Beaumont’s boundary as of January 1, 2017 - to enable development to occur on the new lands; and
- set the framework for upgrading Beaumont’s planning system through the use of statutory plans.
For more information about the process of the Public Hearing contact the Manager, Legislative Services between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Town of Beaumont Administration Office.
Procedure at the Public Hearing:
- Presentation of the purpose and effect of the proposed Bylaw.
- Council will hear:
- any person or group of persons acting on his or their behalf who claim to be affected by the proposed Bylaw;
- any other person who wishes to make a presentation and whom Council agrees to hear.
All written submissions received by the Manager, Legislative Services before noon on November 28, 2017 will be recognized prior to any oral submissions. If you require further information and/or clarification with regard to this notice, please contact Kendra Raymond, Manager, Long Range Planning at 780-929-3302.