What situations require a Special Permission?

Several situations require Special Permission including:

  • Any partial obstruction or closure of a public roadway such as:
    • a parade, 
    • a bin or POD placed on a municipal roadway used for moving, construction, renovation purposes, or tree removal/landscaping purposes
    • landscaping material placed on the roadway,
    • a block party,
    • a fundraising or “fun” run that crosses town roadways
    • street performance

  • Any event planned to be held on Municipal (Public) Property that limits use by the public, requires a temporary structure (tent or stage etc.) or requires relaxation or waiver of a Bylaw such as:
    • Private BBQ
    • Private Block Party
    • Concert or Festival
    • Ball Tournament
    • Bouncy Houses
    • Stage
    • Special Event Tent

Show All Answers

1. What is a Special Permission?
2. What situations require a Special Permission?
3. Why do I require a Special Permission for my event?
4. Who is consulted in the granting of a Special Permission?
5. How do I apply for a Special Permission?
6. Special Considerations
7. How long will it take to complete my request?